Job Id : INJS1022
Position : Network Administrator
Job Type : W2
Location : Des Moines, IA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an immediate opening for the below requirement
Job Title: IA-OCIO-TS2-Network Administrator (693038)
Job Location: Des Moines, IA (Hybrid)
Exp: 8+ Years
This position supports OCIO computer networking responsibilities by supporting firewalls, switches, proxy servers, DNS, secure communications, network monitoring, and providing consulting services in those areas.
This person will work within the enterprise hosting and networking environment, which hosts hundreds of virtual and physical servers in multiple locations and supports functions and business-critical services for executive branch agencies. The contractor will work closely with our networking staff, customers, management as well as on their own.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for and a track record of delivering a reliable and secure networking environment He/she should have a strong understanding of networking products (Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower), and possess a desire to dig in and solve complex problems.
Assigned systems include enterprise networking environment with major impact on delivery of services to customers internal to state government and to the public.
- Support OCIO supported agencies regarding changes to network firewalls and devices, particularly during the relocation of a new Data Center, planned for 2022-2023.
- Provide services and support for agencies requests to configure, update, and install current and new equipment, which will be a monumental task during the data center relocation.
- Provide continued support to agencies requesting networking services from the OCIO
- Operational support for proxy, load balancing and Internet filtering services for additional security, performance, capacity, and availability of hosted services.
- Configure and maintain secure network infrastructure in conformance with security standards and best practices.
- Manage networks and assigned systems to prevent unauthorized access while insuring efficient transmission.
- Perform log management and monitoring.
- Firewall support: Plan, schedule and implement access through the firewalls in conformance with security standards.
- Adhere to defined incident/change management process
- Regular communication with other technical teams and business owners
- Work with customers to develop testing and implementation schedules as needed
- Maintain technical documentation of the environment
- Utilize general working knowledge of web applications, protocols, concepts, methodologies
- Communicate clearly and interact effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility
- Schedule, coordinate and plan effectively
- Network Coordination/LAN Administration
- Experience with networking products (Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower)
- Firewall administration experience
- full time technical support experience in a complex networking or web hosting environment
- Unix scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Bash, TCL, cURL, etc.)
- General working knowledge of web applications, protocols, concepts, methodologies
- Gigamon experience a plus
Company Name : Innovit USA Inc
Website : www.innovitusa.com
Posted On : 09-26-2022